- Responsible for the preparation and processing of payroll for McVac; review and ensuring accuracy of approved time; track and deduct all garnishments and other special payroll deductions or additions.
- Responsible for coordinating efforts between payroll, human resources, and other departments to ensure proper document and information flow and maintenance of employee data (including preparation/distribution of detailed reports, such as leave balances, head count, and retirement contribution reports)
- Establish/maintain employee records; ensure that employee changes (i.e., status changes, tax withholdings, benefits deductions, time off accruals, etc.) are entered correctly into all applicable systems, and that information is updated on a timely basis.
- Review changes for proper authorization and adherence to APA policy including compliance with federal/state/local regulations.
- Initialize journal entries and balance out accounts. Submit bi-weekly 401(k) contributions and reconcile health insurance deductions to monthly statements.
- Responsible for administration of McVac’s Union payroll and benefits for all locations and all unions.
- Additional Accounting responsibilities as assigned
- Must have 2 years experience in a payroll or similar accounting environment.
- Must have at least two years of benefits administration experience.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and general computer operations and have extensive experience working with MS Excel spreadsheets and accounting information databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and all levels of management, office and field employees.
- Must be multi-task oriented and have strong time management, organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in excess of regularly scheduled hours when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- In lieu of a Bachelors Degree, a minimum of five years of payroll and benefits administrative experience may be substituted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.