Class A & B Operators/Drivers
- Serves as an integral part of field operations by operating equipment on assigned jobs.
- Ensure the highest level of safe performance of work by adhering to McVac Health & Safety Program and site specific Health and Safety Plans.
- Assures all equipment is in a safe operating condition and in compliance with McVac requirements and all applicable Federal, state and local regulations.
- Assures that all pre-project clearances, notifications and conditions are met
- Report progress of all assigned projects by regularly communicating with responsible field personnel and Operations management
- Prepares and accumulates required project documentation for assigned jobs to assure completeness, accuracy, quality, timeliness and follow up actions are carried out.
- Maintains close communications with Supervisor and Operations Management to assure proper scheduling and resource needs are relayed and carried out
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) holders are responsible for preparing required records to ensure compliance with DOT regulations. Includes all pre and post trip inspections and required DOT and McVac trip forms.
- Must participate in “On-Call” Emergency Response teams
- Other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of field experience required
- Good communication (both written and verbal), and ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees, management and clients.
- Demonstrate advanced technical skills and ability to properly operate Vacuum and Heavy Equipment including maintenance, care and security of the equipment. Heavy Equipment may include backhoe, excavator, man lift, bobcat, etc. Must be able to understand equipment capabilities and requirements of different types of jobs.
- Must be multi-task oriented and have strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to read, understand and implement Work Plans and site Health and Safety Plans of assigned jobs
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA 1910, 1915 and 1926 standards, DOT standards and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory standards.
- Ability to work in a wide range of environments including those involving hazardous conditions which may require lifting or exerting force exceeding 50 lbs.
- Must have appropriate licenses, in good standing and meet applicable DOT driving requirements to operate company vehicles and equipment (documentation is required).
- Ability to work in excess of regularly scheduled hours when necessary.
- Ability to travel overnight as required by business needs.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.