Vacuum Excavation Services
At McVac Environmental Services, we pride ourselves on our custom-engineered, high-powered versatile vacuum trucks designed for non-destructive vacuum excavation/soft digging. Our trucks are equipped with power-driven, heavy-duty displacement blowers, capable of making pulls from up to 900 feet away. They also feature large (16–18 yard) debris/spoils tanks to minimize dump time!
What Sets McVac Environmental Services Apart?
- Custom designed vacuum excavation trucks
- Solid/semi-solid/liquid vacuum excavation capabilities
- Hydraulic-driven booms for efficient and precise soft digging
- Highly trained vacuum truck operators with remote control capabilities
What is Vacuum Excavation?
Vacuum Excavation is a non-mechanical, non-destructive digging method that is a safe way of exposing buried utilities such as wires, pipes and structures. The proven vacuum excavation process that we utilize involves using high-pressure air to perform the initial breakup of the topsoil. This loosens the soil and allows us to start removing the top layers of the soil with the vacuum as the air pressure continues to loosen the deeper layers of soil.
We can then begin to check the status of the hole and begin to identify underlying utilities, pipes, structures, etc. Excavated soil is returned to the excavator storage tanks, so no mess is created and minimal disruption occurs, making it a breeze to fill in the hole once the job is done.
Vacuum excavation is different from other digging processes as it is one of the safest and least invasive methods, which is why it is sometimes referred to as soft digging. Vacuum excavation allows us to quickly and efficiently remove large amounts of dirt with minimal risk to buried items.
Benefits of Vacuum Excavation:
- Safely uncover buried utilities
- Easily refill the excavation site
- Minimal cleanup required
- Less disruptive and invasive
- Get more done for less money
McVac Environmental Services can provide other tools to assist with vacuum excavation & hydro vacuum excavation depending on site-specific needs and requirements.
- Hydro excavation - Custom equipment, designed by and built for McVac Environmental Services, produces up to 7000 psi of directional pressure for better productivity when cutting through rough ground and hard clays. This unit is equipped with an on-board water storage tank and uses a low rate of water (approximately 5 to 9 gpm) for less waste and disposal. The water is temperature-controlled from 0 to 180 degrees – great for cutting through the frost line during inclement weather.
- Pneumatic/waterless trenching is also used to loosen up materials around underground utilities with no waste. This technology is built into all of our vacuum excavation units and allows us to change methods in seconds. We are able to perform Hydro and Pneumatic excavation with the same truck, reducing downtime and cost to our clients.
McVac Environmental Service's first-of-its-kind Vac Traxx off-road vacuum excavator was built from the ground up to track over sensitive ground with the least amount of ground disturbance in vacuum excavation services.
McVac Environmental Services has established itself as the premier vacuum resource in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions. We have provided our vacuum excavation services to the largest utility companies in the country. We understand and adhere to the level of safety and professionalism that comes with working with utility providers.