The Mechanic position provides a wide range of preventative maintenance as well as service and repair work on the McVac fleet of vehicles at assigned Resource Centers. The Mechanic oversees all aspects of vehicle maintenance and works in conjunction with the Operations and General Managers in considering the needs of the Resource Center in making resource repair decisions.
Serves as the primary driver of the Resource Center repair and maintenance operations by managing equipment to deliver services that meet all Company objectives of:
- Safety - Health and Safety, Regulatory Compliance, Professionalism, Quality of Services
- Client Satisfaction – Responsiveness, On Time, Exceeding Client Expectations
- Profitability – Cost Control, Proper Resource Allocation and Efficiency
- Growth – Employee Development
- Responsible for daily activities of repair and maintenance operations through guidance from Fleet Manager and General Manager
- Completes Maintenance Repair Orders for all work completed during shift in a neat and timely manner . Must maintain a clean and safe work area at all times following all safety program requirements
- Makes R&M schedule determinations and decisions on a daily basis with the Resource Center General Manager to ensure the effective and timely allocation of resources to meet client expectations
- Regularly communicates with the General Manager and Fleet Manager each day to ensure necessary equipment geographic and logistic requirements will be met
- May participates in the development of the Resource Center R&M and./or capital annual budgeting
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 21 years of age
- At least 5 years of diesel/heavy vehicle mechanic experience required
- Must be able to supply own set of master mechanic tools
- Good communication (both written and verbal) skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of Vendors, employees and management
- Must be multi-task oriented and have strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and analyze faulty and/or broken equipment
- Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 and DOT standards
- Broad understanding of equipment capabilities and requirements of different types of jobs
- Ability to work in a wide range of environments including those involving hazardous conditions which may require lifting or exerting force exceeding 50 lbs
- Must have appropriate licenses, in good standing and meet applicable DOT driving requirements to operate company vehicles and equipment (documentation is required)
- Ability to work in excess of regularly scheduled hours when necessary. Ability to travel overnight as required by business needs
- Must participate in and successfully complete continuing education training courses in occupational safety and environmental regulations.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.