Health and Safety
- Responsible for project-specific safety requirements per client
- Assists in administering McVac’s training and development programs to ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulatory safety requirements
- Assists in tracking and implementing various training, development and compliance initiatives and documentation within the company, utilizing ISNetworld as appropriate
- Works closely with Safety, Compliance and Operations management to develop pertinent on-the-job or other “value-added” training including developing employee training appropriate to the needs of local business
- Stays current on all safety and environmental regulations and researches as needed to assure compliance throughout organization
- Works in collaboration with Human Resources department to implement McVac New Hire Orientation
- Assisting with the preparation and maintaining of the Corporate Health and Safety Manual and all departmental procedures, including pertinent training program curricula
- Responsible for conducting site safety inspections to audit conditions and safe work practices at job sites.
- Responsible for conducting employee training (safety & compliance) at regional office locations
- A Bachelors degree, preferably in environmental-related science or other related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Experience in the utility industry
- General understanding and working knowledge of environmental contracting business
- Strong communication (both written and verbal), analytical and persuasive skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of clients, employees and management
- Must be multi-task oriented and have strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills and to manage multiple departmental priorities and requirements
- Ability to gather data, analyzes issues, generate alternative courses of action; research best practices and make recommendations to overcome organizational obstacles.
- Strong working knowledge of OSHA 1910, 1915 and 1926 standards, and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory standards
- Ability to work in excess of regularly scheduled hours when necessary.
- Ability to travel overnight as required by business needs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.